Monday, February 21, 2011

More on the floor and cabinet doors

I finished up the floor in the front and kitchen areas, the bathroom sub-floor needs some work so that and the bedroom are not done yet.



In the first picture you can see the pull-out couch we got. It was hell getting it through the door but we finally managed. The couch is a Queen size so we'll have a lot more room than the original Gaucho.

Most of the cabinet doors had de-laminated to some extent. I've spent the last few days gluing them then sanding, staining, and applying poly. Here is one that has just been stained and is waiting for poly.


The cabinet latches (the ones that weren't broken) were in sorry shape.


I lightly sanded the faces then sprayed multiple coats of Krylon Fusion plastic paint. I also had to paint the 3 new ones I got from Inland RV because they sent me white ones instead of brown ones.




Here are a few shots of the kitchen area with the restored cabinet doors.



I'm not happy with the color of the side of the sink cabinet, it's oak instead of walnut. I may sand and re-stain it to see if I can match it a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment