Thursday, February 3, 2011

Interior work begins

Since this Airstream has sat for about 10 years there was a lot of mold and grime everywhere. So the first thing we did was scrub down the entire inside with bleach and scrub pads, that took two days.

With that done I started the kitchen cabinet tear-down. I am removing the ell part of the cabinets.


We did this with our other '69 Sovereign and really liked it a lot better than this layout.






I will be re-using the same cabinet face and I will use oak 1x2's for the rest of the framing. I will be re-using a luann panel that I removed from the '70 Safari that we recently sold.

Next I will be removing the fridge (The door is broken plus we already have a stainless 3/4 height fridge to replace it) and the oven. I will put a butcher-block countertop in place of the oven with a shelf above it for a microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment