Monday, February 28, 2011

Finished Floor, Sink Install & Credenza

I finished the floor yesterday. I had originally planned on running the laminate floor all the way back to the bathroom but I found a lot of rot back there around the toilet. What I decided to do was stop the laminate at the doorway to the bathroom, install a threshold in the doorway, then put down some peel and stick tiles in the bathroom temporarily. I have less than 2 weeks left before we take our first camping trip. I will tear the bathroom floor out next winter then install laminate.

Here is a picture of the finished floor:



I've also been working on the credenza, I had to shorten it by 4" because the pull-out couch is deeper than the gaucho was. I shortened it at the slanted cabinet next to the fridge wall and moved the entire credenza down.

I didn't like the original top on it so I made a new one out of a product called Ponderosa Pine, it is basically pine strips laminated together like butcherblock. I got a piece for 25% off because it had separated in a few places, because of this I had to re-glue one piece back together once I cut it to size.


Here it is all glued back together:



I put a coat of amber shellac on it and installed it.


You may notice in the picture that I have it pulled away from the wall a few inches. Somehow I cut it too short so I'm going to glue a strip on the end of it. The fold out table is just sitting in place for now. I hate the laminate on it too so I need to figure out what I'm going to replace it with.

I also installed the sink. First, I measured and made my marks centered on the window.




I then cut it out and installed the sink and faucet.



I then put the countertop back.



It is just sitting in place, I still need to run the plumbing so I will leave it like this until I do that.

You may have also noticed from the pictures that I hung most of the blinds. These blinds did not come with the little clips that secure the bottom of the blind to the wall so I had to buy them separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment