Thursday, March 3, 2011

Replacing the airconditioner

The air conditioner on our Airstream does not work, it doesn't even turn on, hum, or anything. It's a very old and ugly unit anyways. Here is a pic where you can see the old unit:


We looked around on Craigslist and found a Coleman A/C for $150 about 125 miles away. I actually picked it up in our car:


I have no idea how, but I actually got it to fit in the trunk.

I removed the old A/C and found a mess of old vulkem and other sealents:


I scraped it all off and cleaned up the opening, then installed the new A/C using liberal amounts of Vulkem.



So for $150 we now have a working A/C! It works great and looks much better than the old one.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete